Thursday, July 10, 2008

searching tactics

At first I thought it might be fun to post a list of the various things I search for. Then I got to thinking about different techniques used to search for things on the internet, such "quotations to search for a specific order of words" and plus signs (+) to connect two words in a search, e.g. LOST + John Locke + philosophy. Things like that. I wonder what tactics ya'll use when surfing the net? In any case here is a list my searched a's, including spelling errors and bad grammar because I know that google will kindly offer me an alternative spelling option. Which brings up another question, which search engine do you prefer and why?

A might wind + chords
A thief in the night
Abalone
About Bob Dylan
About Bob dylan + “the times they are a-changin”
Absolution
Absolutism
Absolutizing
Acculturated
Acculturated
Achmed + youtube
Acme
Acme definition
Ad hc
Ad hoc
Advent
Advent + music
Advent + rolling stone
Advent themes + music
Agrarianism
Aim instant messenger
Alan Hirsch
Album + serve somebody
Allergies
Alright
America’s next top model
Amy grant
Analysis
Ancient near east mythology
And you will heap burning coals on their head
Anne
Anthropomorphism
Anthropopathis
Antm
Aporia
Apple products
Apprehendable
Arrabon
Array
Articles + spirit Christology
Asphyixiation
Assonance
Atimes.com
Atonement
Atonement + mechanic
Atonement + mechanics
Atonement + psalms
Atonement + theology
Atonement and violence
Audio book + the late great planet earth
Audiobooks + left behind
Augustine + on the trinity + perichoresis

2 comments:

Irina said...

I love google search and I think it's way better than yahoo or any other... It give you so many options and sometime - even the correct ones!

Anonymous said...

I do the google. It's what I know, and I hear it's the best. Though, deep down I really think they are all the same. But if it's a tie on personality, Google is still better looking.