Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Preaching on the Trinity

Last Sunday I preached on John 20:19-31. If ever there was a passage that lent itself for some teaching on the doctrine of the Trinity, it's this one. There are very few passages where the Father, Son, and Spirit make such obvious appearances. Nevertheless, I won't bore you with the details, I struggled to do this.

I'm wondering if there are any resources out there (books, sermons, whatever) about how to preach on the Trinity. But more than that, how do we preach on the Trinity, or in light of the Trinity, without making each sermon about the doctrine of the Trinity. Does that makes sense? I suppose another way to ask my question is how can our preaching become more Trinitarian?

I don't usually plea for traffic, but pass this on to your friends and famous cousins and sent me some ideas!

No comments: