Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Please!?


I can’t pretend to be an expert on the fighting going on in the Middle East. My ignorance and silence is too telling. However, I do believe that the bombing of woman and children needs to stop. With the U.S. losing allies daily the Church must be concerned that more 9/11 like events could be brewing in the near future both here and around the world. We should not long for the death of any human being let alone those trapped in the middle of a conflict out of their control. I pray for those who suffer in the Middle East from the poor foreign policies of outside nations and inability of the locals to find a relative “peace” in their struggles to share what is only a gift from God, the earth. I have no solutions.

For a better assessment of the situation see Juan Cole’s sight. If you agree with me then consider this.

For a better take on how I feel see the urban monks post tears from heaven (July 31, 2006).

Peace,

Scott

No comments: