Friday, February 17, 2012

Music Shuffle

"Music and the metaphysical, in the root sense of that term, music and religious feeling, have been virtually inseparable. It is in and through music that we are most immediately in the presence of the logically, of the verbally inexpressible but wholly palpable energy in being that communicates to our senses and to our reflection what little we can grasp of the naked wonder of life. . . . It has long been, it continues to be, the unwritten theology of those who lack or reject any formal creed." - George Steiner

Yesterday I was reading through some old posts on my blog and I came across one where I had listed the first ten songs that played with my iTunes on shuffle. It's not a bad idea to do this every now and then to see if anything changes, so here we go again.

1. Philip Glass, Projector
2. Bob Dylan, The Man in Me
3. Bob Dylan, Shot of Love
4. Sonic Youth, Kissability
5. Thelonious Monk, Hackensack
6. Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven
7. Coldplay, Amsterdam
8. Coldplay, Trouble (Acoustic)
9. Tom Petty, When a Kid Goes Bad
10. Death Cab for Cutie, Tv Trays

I really should do this on the iPod shuffle, which is what I use in the car. It might better reflect what I am actually listening to right now.

1. The National, Reasonable Man (I Don't Mind)
2. Radiohead, Myxomatosis
3. Adele, I'll Be Waiting
4. Thrice, The Sky is Falling
5. Rob Bell, Love Wins
6. Gungor, We Will Run
7. Abney Park, Space Cowboy
8. Radiohead, Vegetable
9. Radiohead, House of Cards
10. Abney Park, The End of Days

That's more like it.

What about your shuffle?

And just for fun, here are my top three favorite songs on my iPod right now:

1. The National, About Today
2. Radiohead, Packed Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box
3. Shelby Lynne, Heaven's Only Days Down the Road

No comments: