Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Satire on how to read the bible

I've been spending a lot of time in hell recently. Topically, not literally, although that depends on who you talk to.

I'm working out some thoughts for a Reformed acquaintance of mine who is pinging me with questions about where I stand.

More on that later.

Because of this, I was happy to find on Tim's blog this morning a video about how to interpret the bible. It's a satirical piece from the guys over at Lutheran Satire, who, by the way, put out some pretty funny stuff.

Watch it below, it's pretty funny.

One line that really cracked me up was, after the guy said, "Whoever does not believe will be condemned." The lady replied, "I do not believe that. The God of love that Oprah and I serve would never send people to hell."

Another was this: "Although, I supposed I could be wrong, Maybe it'll turn out that hell is like MySpace. Technically, it exists. But nobody actually goes there anymore."

Enjoy!

No comments: